Posted: May 18 2016
- There's definitely an art to layering in the cooler months. Lets face it, we want to avoid all costs looking like a Michelin Man at brunch (we don't need to be rolled home just yet). It is a bit tricky in Australia because as soon as the temperature drops we instantly break out in a panic and grab the closest jumper or pair of jeans insight (anything will do).
- If this is you, we've devised a little layer guide for our beautiful customers to style their winter wardrobe and grab some layering inspiration. We don't have to dress like the Parisians, or wear a Katmandu jacket but we certainly can conquer everyday winter style with these key tips, to have you looking a little less like Lenny Kravitz and a little more Blake Lively.
- Bright accessories are a great way to break up your winter layers, and get more wear out of your summer accessories. Scarfs are a great way to add colour into your wardrobe and subtly adding a layer of warmth to your outfit. Try accessorising with our BLNK kimonos, perfect to break up charcoal layers. For a more subtle colour, add a pair of our Castaway Tassel Earrings.
- Snuggle up in a long, roomy cardigan for a low key bohemian look. This piece is the perfect finishing touch for a casual outfit for when things start to get a little bit cooler. With a soft crepe contrasting material around neckline giving the illusion of a scarf, our Fresh Laundry Waterfall cardigan is the perfect boho piece for your Winter wardrobe.
- For a lighter look and more fashionable way to bundle up in the mornings, we love the look of having a jacket or blazer sitting on top of our shoulders. A light knit or a long shirt underneath would compliment this perfectly as it is less bulky. Perfect to head into the office. We also love wearing a jumper or cardigan over collared shirt (collar is then the main feature).
- Wear a knit with a shorter sleeve to show off more of your layers. It's a great transeasonal piece that gets you through the indecisive warmer winter days. Try wearing an open cardigan with a scarf to add a layer of warmth without hiding your other layers.
Perfect under garment: Betty Basic Rhodes Top in Wht/Oat
Favourite Statement Piece: BLNK Elista Kimono in Ecru
Favourite Winter Dress: Fresh Laundry Henley Dress
Favourite Stripes: Betty Basics Varona Top in Soot/Oat
Perfect Pants: Surafina Everyday Pant in Khaki